The following tutorials will guide you through many of the important aspects for designing a photonic circuit using IPKISS.
- Installing IPKISS
- The first step is to install IPKISS.
- Using a code editor
- Learn how to use a code editor for writing IPKISS code.
- This is the quickest way to have a pretty good idea of the principles and functionality.
- Design concepts
- Learn about the most important concepts using the Quickstart tutorial.
- Simple Layout
- This tutorial introduces the most basic functionality to specify the layout part of your design.
- PCells, Views and parameters
- This tutorial introduces the concept of PCells, Views and parameters.
- Advanced Layout
- This tutorial introduces you to more advanced layout functionality: It introduces layout hierarchy, waveguides, and routes.
Circuit model tutorials
- Defining circuit models: Basics
- This tutorial explains how to implement compact models in IPKISS. These models are used to run circuit simulations in our circuit solver Caphe.
- Defining circuit models: Advanced
- This tutorial contains some advanced topics related to circuit simulation.
- Defining circuit models based on S-parameter data
- This tutorial explains how to build compact models for devices based on existing S-parameter data.
Device simulation tutorials
- Running electromagnetic simulations from IPKISS
- This tutorial explains how to run electromagnetic simulations from IPKISS.