The following tutorials will guide you through many of the important aspects for designing a photonic circuit using IPKISS.
- Simple Layout
- This tutorial introduces the most basic functionality to specify the layout part of your design.
- PCells, Views and parameters
- This tutorial introduces the concept of PCells, Views and parameters.
- Advanced Layout
- This tutorial introduces you to more advanced layout functionality: It introduces layout hierarchy, waveguides, and routes.
Circuit model tutorials
- Defining circuit models: Basics
- This tutorial explains how to implement compact models in IPKISS. These models are used to run circuit simulations in our circuit solver Caphe.
- Defining circuit models: Advanced
- This tutorial contains some advanced topics related to circuit simulation.
- Defining circuit models based on S-parameter data
- This tutorial explains how to build compact models for devices based on existing S-parameter data.
Device simulation tutorials
- Running electromagnetic simulations from IPKISS
- This tutorial explains how to run electromagnetic simulations from IPKISS.
- Introduction to Python
- Setting up the editor environment
- Quickstart: First simple circuit design
- What is IPKISS?
- Ipkiss 3 overview
- Layout: basics
- PCell: Basics
- Layout: Advanced (hierarchy and waveguides)
- Circuit models: Basics
- Circuit models: Advanced
- Circuit models based on S-parameter data
- Physical device simulation
- Interfacing with CST Studio Suite ®
- Interfacing with Lumerical FDTD Solutions