- class picazzo3.filters.ring.cell.RingRoundedShape¶
A ring resonator based on a rounded shape, without couplers.
The Layout takes a shape, and a trace template. The trace template is turned into a RoundedTraceTemplate with the user supplied bend_radius and rounding_algorithm.
By default, this ring has no couplers. you can supply the couplers manually as a list of child cells through the property ‘couplers’, or you can subclass this PCell to define the couplers internally.
- ring_trace_template: PCell and _WaveguideTemplate
Trace template for the ring waveguide
- couplers: List with type restriction, allowed types: <class ‘ipkiss3.pcell.cell.pcell.PCell’>
list of coupler PCells
- ring_segments: List with type restriction, allowed types: <class ‘ipkiss3.pcell.cell.pcell.PCell’>
list of Ring PCells
- name: String that contains only ISO/IEC 8859-1 (extended ASCII py3) or pure ASCII (py2) characters
The unique name of the pcell
- Other Parameters
- ring_trace_templates: List with type restriction, allowed types: <class ‘ipkiss3.pcell.cell.pcell.PCell’>, locked
Trace templates for the ring segments. Locked, as there is only one segment in this Ring. Use ‘ring_trace_template’ instead.
- class Layout¶
Parameters for the couplers. This is a list of dicts, and the length of the list should be the same as the number of couplers
- view_name: String that contains only alphanumeric characters from the ASCII set or contains _$. ASCII set is extended on PY3.
The name of the view
- shape: Shape
Shape of the ring
- shape_position: Coord2
Translation of the shape.
- area_layer_on: ( bool, bool_, bool or int )
When True, the Ring area will be covered by i3.Rectangles on all cover layers of the ring waveguide template.
list of coupler transformations
- manhattan: ( bool, bool_, bool or int )
Adds rectangular blocks in the bends to avoid as much as possible non-manhattan angles.
- angle_step: float and number > 0
Angle step for rounding.
- bend_radius: float and number > 0
Bend radius for the auto-generated bends.
Rounding algorithm used to generate the bends. Can be circular, spline, ….
- Other Parameters
- shapes: locked
Shapes of the ring segments. Locked, as there is only 1 ring segment. Use ‘shape’ instead
"""This example demonstrates a generic ring consisting of a user-defined control shape which is drawn by rounding using the provided trace template with a given bend radius """ from technologies import silicon_photonics # noqa: F401 from ipkiss3 import all as i3 from picazzo3.filters.ring import RingRoundedShape from picazzo3.traces.wire_wg.trace import WireWaveguideTemplate wg_t = WireWaveguideTemplate(name="wg_template_2") wg_t.Layout(core_width=0.45) shape = i3.ShapeCross(box_size=26.0, thickness=13.0) ring = RingRoundedShape(name="my_roundedring", ring_trace_template=wg_t) layout = ring.Layout(shape=shape, bend_radius=3.0) layout.visualize(annotate=True)