- class picazzo3.filters.ring.cell.RingRect90DropFilter¶
Rectangular ring filter with two straight access waveguide. This component is often called a channel drop filter. The access waveguides are placed south and east of the Ring, at 90 degree angles.
The ring shape is a rounded rectangle of which the bend radius can be specified, as well as the horizontal and vertical straight sections. it is also possible to specify the rounding algorithm of the bends.
The waveguide template of the ring and the couplers can be chosen independently.
- coupler_trace_templates: List with type restriction, allowed types: <class ‘ipkiss3.pcell.cell.pcell.PCell’>
list of trace_templates for the ring couplers. By default the same template as the ring is taken
- ring_trace_template: PCell and _WaveguideTemplate
Trace template for the ring waveguide
- couplers: List with type restriction, allowed types: <class ‘ipkiss3.pcell.cell.pcell.PCell’>
list of coupler PCells
- ring_segments: List with type restriction, allowed types: <class ‘ipkiss3.pcell.cell.pcell.PCell’>
list of Ring PCells
- name: String that contains only ISO/IEC 8859-1 (extended ASCII py3) or pure ASCII (py2) characters
The unique name of the pcell
- Other Parameters
- ring_trace_templates: List with type restriction, allowed types: <class ‘ipkiss3.pcell.cell.pcell.PCell’>, locked
Trace templates for the ring segments. Locked, as there is only one segment in this Ring. Use ‘ring_trace_template’ instead.
- class Layout¶
- coupler_extensions: list<Coord2 and number >= 0>
additional length of the couplers. By default, the couplers will be extended to the size of the ring.
- coupler_lengths: list<number >= 0>
straight lengths of the coupling section. By default, same lengths as the ring will be used
- coupler_offsets: list<Real, number>
list of offsets of the ring couplers along the centerline
- coupler_spacings: list<Real, number>
list of centerline-to-centerline spacings of the ring couplers.When negative, the ring and coupler waveguide will cross, which ispossible when the ring traces template and the coupler trace templateare on different process layers (vertical couplers)
- straights: Coord2 and number >= 0
Parameters for the couplers. This is a list of dicts, and the length of the list should be the same as the number of couplers
- view_name: String that contains only alphanumeric characters from the ASCII set or contains _$. ASCII set is extended on PY3.
The name of the view
- shape_position: Coord2
Translation of the shape.
- area_layer_on: ( bool, bool_, bool or int )
When True, the Ring area will be covered by i3.Rectangles on all cover layers of the ring waveguide template.
list of coupler transformations
- manhattan: ( bool, bool_, bool or int )
Adds rectangular blocks in the bends to avoid as much as possible non-manhattan angles.
- angle_step: float and number > 0
Angle step for rounding.
- bend_radius: float and number > 0
Bend radius for the auto-generated bends.
Rounding algorithm used to generate the bends. Can be circular, spline, ….
- Other Parameters
- shape: locked
- shapes: locked
Shapes of the ring segments. Locked, as there is only 1 ring segment. Use ‘shape’ instead
from technologies import silicon_photonics # noqa: F401 from ipkiss3 import all as i3 from picazzo3.filters.ring import RingRect90DropFilter from picazzo3.traces.wire_wg.trace import WireWaveguideTemplate wg1_t = WireWaveguideTemplate(name="wg_template_9") wg1_t.Layout(core_width=0.5) wg2_t = WireWaveguideTemplate(name="wg_template_10") wg2_t.Layout(core_width=0.4) wg3_t = WireWaveguideTemplate(name="wg_template_11") wg3_t.Layout(core_width=0.6) ring = RingRect90DropFilter( name="my_rect90dropring", ring_trace_template=wg1_t, coupler_trace_templates=[wg2_t, wg3_t] ) # In a list!!! layout = ring.Layout( coupler_spacings=[0.65, 0.70], # This results in a 200nm and 250nm gap straights=(i3.TECH.WG.SHORT_STRAIGHT, i3.TECH.WG.SHORT_STRAIGHT + 3.0), ) layout.visualize(annotate=True)