- class picazzo3.fibcoup.base.FiberCouplerGrating¶
Base class for fiber couplers which combine a grating on top of a socket.
The socket is the piece of waveguide, taper or slab on which the grating rests. The grating couples light between the plane (the socket) and the out-of-plane direction, to a fiber, lens or free space.
This cell should be used such that the inclination and angle of the port match the direction of peak transmission at the center wavelength specified in the circuitmodel, when light is incident from the vertical (through vertical_in) and couples to the out port
* "vertical_in" * * inclination / * _/ _* _ _ "in" _| |_| |_| |_| |_ ---> "out"
- grating: PCell
grating of this fiber coupler
- inclination: float
out-of-plane angle of the grating coupler
- socket: PCell and WgSocket
socket of the fiber coupler
- name: String that contains only ISO/IEC 8859-1 (extended ASCII py3) or pure ASCII (py2) characters
The unique name of the pcell
- class Layout¶
- grating_transformation: GenericNoDistortTransform
- socket_length: float and number > 0
length of the straight waveguide socket
- socket_transformation: GenericNoDistortTransform
- view_name: String that contains only alphanumeric characters from the ASCII set or contains _$. ASCII set is extended on PY3.
The name of the view