Quickstart: First simple circuit design¶
This tutorial shows how to design a simple functional circuit: a ring resonator connected to grating couplers.
We start from existing components in the Picazzo library in order to keep the tutorial short. The code consists of two main parts:
- Define the layout and export a GDSII file, the standard format for sending the design to a fabrication facility.
- Run a circuit simulation, to understand the behavior of the circuit.
THis will result in the following output:
For your comfort, the code has been subdivided in smaller steps which you can go through sequentially:
- Introduction to Python
- Setting up the editor environment
- Quickstart: First simple circuit design
- What is IPKISS?
- Ipkiss 3 overview
- Layout: basics
- PCell: Basics
- Layout: Advanced (hierarchy and waveguides)
- Circuit models: Basics
- Circuit models: Advanced
- Circuit models based on S-parameter data
- Physical device simulation
- Interfacing with CST Studio Suite ®
- Interfacing with Lumerical FDTD Solutions