Setting up the editor environment¶
In order to design with IPKISS, we recommend installing a good Python IDE (Integrated Development Environment). Two things need to be configured to get started:
- Setting up the Python interpreter (so it points to an environment which has IPKISS installed),
- Setting up your libraries / PDKs.
Please check the links below to get started.
Most instructions focus on how to set up for the PyCharm IDE, which is our recommended editor. There are also instructions available on how to get started on Wing IDE.
- Introduction to Python
- Setting up the editor environment
- Quickstart: First simple circuit design
- What is IPKISS?
- Ipkiss 3 overview
- Layout: Basics
- Layout: Advanced (hierarchy and waveguides)
- Circuit models: Basics
- Circuit models: Advanced
- Circuit models based on S-parameter data
- Physical device simulation
- Interfacing with DS CST Studio Suite
- Interfacing with Lumerical FDTD Solutions