The following tutorials will guide you through many of the important aspects for designing a photonic circuit using IPKISS. Each tutorial is designed to be the fastest route to get to a certain result, with a minimum of overhead or distraction. Furthermore each tutorial has a list of learning objectives and is composed of several steps that progressively build up to that result.
Each step of the tutorial contains executable Python files that are internally documented using python inline comments. The files are displayed inside the documentation, and can be downloaded. They are also available in the ‘samples’ folder of your installation.
A tutorial also has a series of prerequisites, as indicated by the arrows below. It is not strictly necessary to go through all the prerequisites before starting a step-by-step guide: the tutorials are made such that all concepts that are required, are introduced in the tutorial itself.
- Install IPKISS
- The very first step is to install our tools correctly.
- Getting familiar with python
- Knowing python is not a strict requirement to learn ipkiss but having some basic understanding will certainly help you
- Quickstart: A first circuit
- This tutorial has brings you to results quickly without getting too deep into the nuts and bolts of IPKISS. This is the quickest way to have a pretty good idea of the principles and functionality.
- IPKISS Reference
- Picazzo Library Reference
- IPKISS.eda user manual
- Indices and tables